I will agree it is easier to make excuses or blame others for our failures than to blame ourselves or to find out why we had a failure and fix it. In fact most people who only think they are in business will spend more time looking for and making excuses than it would take to figure out why they failed! I have heard some amazing excuses and also did some research to discover some that I will list below. Most everyone who has used any of these has usually failed at business or in their personal life. First let me tell you some I have heard personally as a reason people did not invest in themselves, their business or would not do what it takes to succeed.
Popular excuses for not attending workshops and seminars.
- “I would love to attend but it is an hour away” WHAT? If you are really in business you should be able to travel just about any distance if you really want success!
- “I have already heard everything that is going to be said and none of that will help me” I LOVE THIS ONE! “You can’t fix stupid! Enough said!
- “I just don’t have the time”. THIS MAY BE TRUE. . . if you are too busy working in your business instead of on your business. That is even more reason you should constantly research and attend quality educational seminars and workshops!
- “I can’t afford to attend the workshop right now” “I will when I can afford it”. YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY HERE: “If you think education is expensive try ignorance”. When will you be able to afford it? When you fail? Spoiler alert: You will never be able to afford it but when you fail you will have to blame yourself instead of doing what is needed to succeed.
- “What if I try what you say at the workshops and it doesn’t work for me”? “I will have spent money and wasted my time.” THIS IS ONLY BE TRUE . . . if you have a closed mind and not willing to try different things to discover what will work best for your success. The truth is most workshops and seminars will take less time and money than what you are currently doing that isn’t working plus either provide new valuable information or at least verify that you are doing everything correctly. If you receive only one new tool, tip or technique it could make thousands of dollars difference in your business. I think it is probably worth the risk!
Other Interesting or sad excuses I found on the internet! This is NO JOKE!
- “I can’t afford to invest in my business right now?
- Only lucky people become successful
- “I can’t attend because I’m not a morning person
- “I can’t attend because I’m not an evening person
- I have children and no time to become successful
- I just don’t have the time to become successful
- My schedule won’t allow me to attend meetings
- I work at a job and it takes up all my time
- I’ve tried everything and nothing works
- I can’t afford to be successful
- They said all I needed was a few friends and family members..and they were wrong
- I don’t want to make a mistake
- I’m too fat
- I’m too skinny
- I’m not pretty enough
- I can’t do that
- That won’t work for me
- No one takes me serious
- I was born to the wrong parents
- I can’t afford to invest in my business to become successful
- I’m afraid of what people will think
- My spouse won’t let me become successful
- All the best ideas are taken
- I don’t think I deserve to be successful
- I don’t like change
- I don’t have the time to become successful
- Success is for other people
- What if I try and it doesn’t work?
- My disability won’t let me
- People tell me I can’t be successful
- The market conditions are not right
- I don’t have the right contacts
- I have commitment issues
- I’m not a details person
- I’m not a big picture person
- I’m not creative enough
- I can’t afford to do it right
- My family is more important
- I’m too tired
- Success is just to difficult
- I have low self esteem
- I just can’t sell
- I don’t have the right support system
- I’m not a competitor
- I’m not passionate about becoming successful
- The timing just isn’t right
- I don’t work well with others
- Nobody understands what I am trying to say
- If I try now it will be to late
- It isn’t my fault, it was the other person’s fault
- I need to do things my own way
- I don’t have the confidence to become successful
Questions to ask before you decide to make excuses
#1. Is the industry you are in been around more than 2 years? If it has there are probably successful people doing it. If there are others that are successful doing same industry there is no excuse for you not to succeed with the right tools techniques, education and motivation to succeed.
#2. Are there people in your geographic area selling similar products or services? If so, there is no excuse for you not to be able to do the same and if you use all available tools, tips and techniques you can rise above your competition!
#3. Have you heard of anyone else that is more successful than you doing what you do? If so there is no excuse why you can’t become as successful or more successful than them!
The bottom line
If you really want business success all you really need is the desire to succeed, the willingness to do what it takes and be willing to learn from others. No one said success was easy and making mistakes is part of success. I have never heard of any business person who succeeded without taking risks, failing and learning from others. There are no excuses if you really want success!
If you need sales or marketing experience you may want to sign up to receive notifications about our affordable “Irefuse2Fail”workshops or you can contact me directly with your business issues info@SuccessBuilders-TampaBay.com ph:727.458.7683.