What The Hell is a PBSQ?
I’m glad you asked! I came up with this after speaking with hundreds of people who told me they wanted to be successful in their business. What I realized was everyone’s idea of success was different and many of them had no idea what success meant for them. For some it was to make enough to pay their bills or pay off debt, some wanted to create a comfortable retirement, others wanted true financial success or to make millions of dollars. What most everyone had in common is they had nothing written down on paper or had a formula or PBSQ. The formula most people use is “I will work as hard as possible, lot’s of hours, be passionate, consistent, persistent, and all the buzz words you have heard in motivational speeches. All these things are important but if you don’t have a specific goal and procedure to meet those goals it doesn’t matter what buzz words you use you most likely will never reach your definition for your success.
Create a P.B.S.Q for Your Success
This is not that difficult but realize that your personal success goals will change over time and needs to be visited at least every six month to make realistic changes. Here are a few questions I ask people when establishing their P.B.S.Q.
- Why did you get into the business
- Why do you think it will reach your financial goals?
- Who do you personally know that has reached their financial goal using this business model?
- Who is mentoring you in this business to help you reach your goals?
- Is your success in this business something you want or do you need it? (The difference is success is attained by those who need it more than want it! Everyone wants success but if you don’t need it your chances of success are much lower. Drug addicts say they want the drugs but in reality they need the drugs and they will do whatever it takes to get them.
- Are you willing to do whatever it takes to create your personal business success?
- What specific formula have you established to reach your financial success?
- How is your formula working (if you have one)
- Do you invest in yourself and your business to gain the knowledge needed to reach your financial success goals?
- Are you satisfied with your current results and growth towards your financial goals?
These are just a few questions I ask when helping people create their PBSQ. I suggest using these to create your own PBSQ. Usually most people will realize after creating and reviewing their answers if their success goals are realistic and what adjustments need to be made but if you are not sure I will be happy to review with you. Note: You must be honest in every question you ask in order to get an honest result! If you need further assistance, need a more detailed PBSQ or have questions feel free to contact me. I wish you the best with your personal business success.